With Africa’s population set to double by 2050, experts say the continent must replace traditional farming methods in favour of modern technology. African agricultural industries have been hampered by multiple problems, including lack of best agricultural practices, high input costs, climate change, poor land tenure systems, and limited access to financing.
Public and private sectors are starting to invest more effort to transform Africa’s agricultural landscape. They include; modernizing farm operations through innovative technologies like digital software, drones and precision farming tools, investing in agro related & value-added processing industries, and upgrading post-harvest storage facilities to boost farm productivity.
Agco Africa provides mechanization for key agriculture project in Mozambique – www.agrifocusafrica.com
Zimbabwe government signs a US $50m deal with John Deere for tractor supply – www.farmersreviewafrica.com
Precision farming taking off in South Africa – www.futurefarming.com
Lots of growth strategy plans have been announced by the African government authorities in setting up new farm lands to promote commercialization of the agricultural sector.
Commercial farming is garnering interests from local and international investors due to the emerging food processing sector which creates a strong market for farm owners.
Poland to invest in Tanzania’s agriculture sector through irrigation farming – www.farmersreviewafrica.com
Chinese companies explore investment opportunities in agriculture and livestock sectors in Ethiopia – www.fareasternagriculture.com
Korean to invest 133bn /-in coffee plantation and processing plant – www.ippmedia.com
Attend 6th Commercial Farm Africa Summit in Nairobi to address key challenges & explore new opportunities in this sector.
- LMC forecasts price trends in grains, oil crops, cash crops
- KENYAN MINISTRY OF LIVESTOCK, FISHERIES & AGRICULTURE presents country’s agricultural transformation & growth strategy
- OLAM INTERNATIONAL assesses the impact of African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AFCFTA) on agriculture
- SGS shares how data capturing can enhance overall profitability of a farming operation
- Case studies on application of regenerative agriculture for today’s climatic context by SOIL CAPITAL
- [INTERACTIVE SESSION] Multistakeholder Dialogue: Access To Innovative Financing
- KIPKEBE LTD on boosting the bottomline through farm mechanization
- NOBEL AZANIA INVESTMENTS features a case study of large scale sisal farming in Tanzania
- AFRO-TSION FARM reveals coffee plantation & processing plant investment projects in Ethiopia
- HORIZON PLANTATION assesses the potential of commercial farm investment in Ethiopia
- HYDROPONICS AFRICA speaks on revolutionizing crop farming through hydroponic systems & responsive drip irrigation